Please sign in to post.

Navigo Decouverte Weekly Pass

We will be in Paris in a couple of months and I know the system has changed for using the metro, etc. We have the older, but still good, Navigo cards covered with hard plastic. We used them as recently as 2022. Will those still work after we load them, or will we need to get a weekly pass differently? We are arriving by train on a Monday, so no worries about that.

Posted by
881 posts

the actual plastic card is good for 10 yrs. they're not forcing you to go electronic.

Posted by
1419 posts

Last year I went to purchase a new Navigo-D, since mine was 7 years old. The lady at the counter told me, NO!, yours is still good until 2026 and she just recharged my older one. We both laughed.

Posted by
10542 posts

Thanks for your replies. I got a card in 2008 and renewed it in 2018, so it should still be good. My husband renewed his in 2022. I’m happy to hear we should be able to use them this year.

Posted by
8438 posts

We got our first NDs the year they came out and at precisely 10 years they stopped being reloadable. The clerk at the information window was actually surprised; she told us it was the first time she had encountered trying to charge one that wouldn't charge. I had anticipated this so had the photos needed for a new one which she sold me charged up.

Posted by
10542 posts

Janet, we were lucky that they let us keep our old photos when we had to get new cards. Oh, to be that young again!