Please sign in to post.

Navigo Decouverte Pass

Can you buy the Navigo Decouverte Pass at Charles de Gaulle airport?

Posted by
2542 posts

You can purchase a Navigo Decouverte card (5€) at either of the CDG, RER stations (in terminal 2 or Roissypole).

You may load any of the various passes at the same time as when you purchase the card.

Posted by
9549 posts

Make sure to have a photo with you of the correct size.

It does not have to be an official passport photo on photo paper. You can literally photocopy (in color) any head shot onto office paper and cut it to their required dimensions, you can save yourself a few bucks that way!

Posted by
7 posts

We had extra passport photos made for this purpose. Rather than trying to cut to the right size myself, I thought we would cut them at the station so there are no issues with the size. Thank you!

Posted by
2542 posts

You can literally photocopy (in color) any head shot onto office paper and cut it to their required dimensions,

You may do whatever you like but the RATP specifies that photos must be original photos and not photocopies:

1.3. Pour être valable, le titulaire doit inscrire ses nom et prénom, coller sa photo (de face, tête nue, fond neutre, non utilisée, non scannée, non photocopiée) et apposer le rabat autocollant sur la Carte Nominative Transport.

https://www.iledefrance-mobilites.fr/cgvu-passe-navigo-decouverte

Posted by
8035 posts

I have made a half dozen cards for family and self by printing pictures on my computer onto ordinary computer paper; the photo is under the plastic flap and protected. Obviously you want a quality print; I think the photo copy rule is to avoid blurry poor quality copies. I have shown my card to inspectors at least 20 times and it has never been an issue.

Posted by
7 posts

Appreciate the input - we have additional passport photos already so we are covered for all circumstances. Thanks and safe travels to all!