Please sign in to post.

Navigo Decouverte Pass

Does anyone know where to buy the Navigo Decouvete Pass, if we arrive in Paris, Gare d'est in the evening?

Posted by
20131 posts

You might try the ticket windows. Normally any manned Metro ticket window will do it. Have your 1" by 1 1/4" passport type photos.

Posted by
8063 posts

Every metro and RER will have the kits to make the card. You can buy on machine and take receipt to window or they will sell it to you and put the pass on at the ticket window.

Posted by
5 posts

I also plan to visit Paris at the end of June and drive from Reims direction, we will arrive pretty late (that is Tuesday and around 8-9pm) and our airbnb is in Clamart area (zone 2). I am thinking to buy Navigo Decouvete weekly pass, but not sure if I can buy blank Navigo card to top up weekly pass at night time or next day morning. I saw some internet posts said most suburban RER train station ticket window are closed, and it is really hard to buy blank navigo card if it is not a city center station. Anyone has recent experience for this?

And another option is to buy Navigo easy card and load with day pass, can I buy blank easy card from ticket machine, like I can buy from ticket machine in Clamart station? Do I need to buy from ticket window?

3rd choice is to use phone to get virtual pass, from parisbytrain.com says NFC enabled phone, seems a lot android phone should work. And I am using iphone, but I heard iphone will be support at the end of May. If this is true, I probably dont need to buy physical cards, and just use phone. Is this practical, especially for android NFC enabled phone?