Please sign in to post.

Museum Pass Question

I found this on the Paris Museum Pass website:
The Paris Museum Pass grants 1 entry per site, whatever the duration of the pass.

I assume that means one person per pass, not, multiple trips to the same location.

Has anyone run across this?

TIA!

Posted by
26833 posts

As reported on this forum, it means the person to whom the pass belongs (and each person must have his own pass) can only enter each individual museum one time. It is no longer possible to visit a museum more than once by using the pass. The policy was changed earlier this year. It makes the pass considerably less valuable for folks who were planning to see the Louvre in manageable chunks on several different days.

Posted by
3985 posts

What a shame. The flexibility of going into a museum whenever you wanted during the duration of the pass is what made it great for me when we visited in November last year —- even as a convenient bathroom stop!

Posted by
8 posts

Ugh, that's terrible. Thanks so much for taking the time to address. it's going to make me rethink my agenda for my 7 day trip in February!

Posted by
7981 posts

Yeah we will no longer buy the pass -- the Louvre requires a timed ticket now and excludes those without them with the pass and you cannot visit multiple times -- those were basically the two reasons we bought them. It is their way I think of making the passes less attractive and phasing them out.

Posted by
2744 posts

I’m not sure where the statement that the Louvre excludes pass from the timed entry is coming from. If you have a museum pass you can still book a time entry.

For me the pass is still a good deal. Just to be able to pop into all those “minor” museums is worth it.

Posted by
7981 posts

You can use the museum pass for the Louvre but you have to book a timed entry AFTER you get the pass because you need the pass number to do it. Some people found that there were no open slots for their visit once they arrived and had the pass. And many people were turned away when they just showed up with the pass and no reserved time slot. THAT is the issue. Sorry if it was not clear the first time.