Please sign in to post.

Museum pass in Paris

My wife and I will be on the Paris and Heart of France tour next month. The itinerary for Paris mentions the Paris Museum Pass being used for those two days. Does our tour guide provide that for us or do we purchase it ourselves? We are spending a couple of extra days on our own in Paris and if we have to buy the Pass ourselves I'm thinking of buying a four day pass.

Merci!

Posted by
15809 posts

(Editing previous post):

wbmayjr, the description of this tour states this:
https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/france/paris-france

"You'll get at least 13 group sightseeing events — at no extra cost!
Here's what you'll see and do on this tour of France: 2-day Paris Museum Pass, allowing free admission throughout the city..... "

So you only need to buy additional passes to cover the days you're planning to spend in Paris on your own. Passes must be used on consecutive days/hours meaning you can't use, say, a 2-day pass on a Tuesday and not again until Friday: you'd have to use it within 48 hours of the first use to get the good of it. You probably knew that but just in case... :O)

Posted by
7033 posts

The pass is listed under 'what's included' on the tour description, so they do provide it.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks my fellow Travelers. It's been so long since I looked at the "What's included" I forgot about it!
Safe travels to all.

Posted by
4412 posts

you should also check out individual museum prices, they really aren't so bad and a pass might not be worth it