Please sign in to post.

Museum Pass in Paris

I am heading to Paris in a couple of weeks and it is too late to get my pass here in the states. Anyone have a strategy on the best way to purchase a museum pass once I am in Paris? Thanks!

Posted by
17 posts

As soon as I posted this, I spotted that very link/site and I see we can even pick them up in the airport!
Thanks!

Posted by
2187 posts

We bought ours at CDG. We arrived on American Airlines and after exiting baggage claim and immigration, there a travel information desk right outside the exit doors. There was no line.

Posted by
4684 posts

The best places are at one of the smaller museums with less queues (do have a look round while you're there, it's bad manners if nothing else to just buy a pass and walk out), or at a branch of FNAC (a widespread chain of entertainment/media/books/tech stores that sells Paris Museum Passes with no extra charge).

Posted by
118 posts

Wow the shipping is 24 Euro? This thread reminded me that I wanted to buy one probably ahead of time... I suppose I will pick one up at the tourist office since I'm not flying into Paris but starting out in the UK.

Posted by
5697 posts

My take on buying it from home -- yet one more thing I could manage to leave behind! We have purchased a Museum Pass at Hotel des Invalides and at Musee Cluny, neither of which added more than five minutes to our visit. And they take credit cards. Just do your research in advance about what you want to see, days things are open, and length of time you want the pass.

Posted by
5384 posts

We bought ours from the Tabak in the Louvre basement/shopping area. Walked straight up to the counter and took two seconds.

Posted by
308 posts

Bought ours at the Rodin Museum in February. There was no line so it took less than five minutes.

Posted by
509 posts

Bought ours at the Conciergerie on Ile de la Cite; just steps from Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle. No line, and we spent a short while enjoying the Conciergerie itself -- something we probably would have missed otherwise.

Posted by
650 posts

We've bought ours at the Paris Nord train station twice now. It wax very simple both times.

Posted by
6508 posts

Wherever you buy it, remember that the duration (2, 4, or 6 days) begins the first time you use it. So don't fill in the start date until you're entering the first place it covers.

Posted by
2349 posts

Often the employee checking passes will have a date stamp to use. If you fill it in yourself, be sure to use European date formula. Don't put 6/4/18 in June or they'll think you bought it in April.

Don't be stingy. If you're there for a week, don't plan all your museums in two days. Spring for a four or six day pass. In the long run you'll save time and hassle because you won't be running around town trying to get all your museums in.