Please sign in to post.

Museum Pass

Bonjour! I’m wanting to make sure I understand the wording correctly for the Paris Museum Pass… does my 18 year old daughter need her own pass, or could she enter the attractions with me? She is a current senior in high school in the USA. Thanks!!

Posted by
2545 posts

Most museums are free to those under 18 and to residents of the EU under 26. Student status is not a qualifier.

Your daughter will need a standard admission for museums.

I find the museum pass far less interesting than it once was. Anyone who purchases a ticket in advance has access to the same museum entrances as do pass holders.

Posted by
317 posts

I think the museum pass is a great deal, especially if you plan to visit a large number of it's offered sites. You do need an advanced reservation at a few places (Louvre, Versailles) but those are easy to obtain. Since your daughter is 18 she will need her own museum pass or ticket. If you are planning to go during Spring Break you'd best hurry up to reserve a time slot at the sites that require it. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Posted by
2448 posts

It should be noted that you do not need to have your Museum Passes in hand before making your timed entry reservations. Also, you can get your Museum Passes at the airport or at the first included museum you visit.