Please sign in to post.

Museum Pass

We have a museum pass for Paris included with our tour. How do I book an entry time without buying tickets again?

Posted by
13809 posts

Are you doing Paris and the Heart of France? As mentioned you'll definitely need to book a timed entry for the Louvre. The other afternoon when you have free time you can go to the Orsay if you like and by afternoon probably will not need a timed entry. You could also consider the Cluny if you are interested in medieval art which also does not really need a timed entry.

Posted by
8 posts

Oh, I was of the understanding that the museum passes are included. And the itinerary shows us going to the Louvre as a group. Is that not correct?

Posted by
13809 posts

Oh, I apologize...I'm not sure where my head was but my post is incorrect!!

Yes, on the Paris and Heart of France tour you do visit the Louvre as a group to enter and get oriented so you do NOT have to book a timed entry for the Louvre. Your guide and the RS office will have taken care of that.

You DO get a Paris Museum Pass which you use for your Louvre entry and for the Sainte-Chapelle entry the day before. Then you have the afternoon of Day 2 to visit whatever museums you might want to see.

The Louvre is the only museum you really need to worry about timed entry although many of them offer it on their websites.

Which museum were you considering for needing a timed entry?

Posted by
8 posts

Oh, that’s perfect. Thank you. I’ll try the link above for the Orsay.