Please sign in to post.

Most efficient way to get from Logrono to Bordeaux

Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to get from Logrono, Spain to Bordeaux, France? Ideally I wanted to rent a car, but the drop fee was far worse than I had thought it would be. I can't find anything very clear cut on the renfe or bahn train schedules.

Posted by
32206 posts

Amy,

Using the bahn.de website, there are numerous rail solutions for travel from Logrono to Bordeaux. One that I'd consider is a departure from Logrono at 09:04, arriving Bordeaux St. Jean at 17:11 (time 8H:07M, 3 changes, compulsory reservations on all legs).

Posted by
16893 posts

If Bordeaux is not your actual destination for that night, or if you want to minimize train travel, then you can avoid a second-country drop fee by picking up the rental car at the first stop on the French side of the border, which is Hendaye. Otherwise, I'd pick it up in Bordeaux a day later.

Posted by
524 posts

Thank you Ken. It sounds like 8 hrs is the best I can do using rail and I was hoping there was something speedier since I think it's only a 4-5 hr drive. I may try the suggestion of Laura's and see if I can cut some time by picking up in Hendaye. Thank you both!