Please sign in to post.

Mont St. Michele

Good afternoon - looking for recommendations on where to stay for one night on Mont St. Michele. Thank you.

Posted by
1142 posts

Unfortunately, almost all the hotels on the island are owned by one company (The Poulard Group). So they don't really compete with anyone. Still, there is nothing like being on the island at night and walking the ramparts whenever you want and when it isn't crowded with tourists. I personally stayed at Le Mouton Blanc one night and loved it. They were attached to a second hotel they own with a restaurant that I used twice. They had indoor and outdoor dining, and it was very nice. I actually had to check in at a third hotel they own that was by the main entrance. (I wish they would have told me that before I hauled my bags halfway up the main street.) I still really enjoyed it.

Posted by
7327 posts

I recommend that you use the search box top center to read opinions both for and against sleeping on MSM. It's an unusual location. Many people prefer to spend the night nearby, right near the causeway, or actually on the island. We (had a car and) were happy to spend a few hours and move on to our next destination. Note that MSM itself is not out of reach when the tide is in. Of course you can't walk on the mudflats when the tide is in.