Please sign in to post.

Mont St Michel

We will be there on Monday October 2.

We have a couple questions;

We read on there website that they are 2 daily tours included with admission ticket. What time are tours in English? We could not find.

On October 2, should crowds be small or will there still be large crowds and we should buy advance tickets? We planned to get there around noon time.

We saw online that they are closing early on October 2. Any idea why?

Posted by
7873 posts

You are planning to get there with the large crowds. Like all tourist attractions you either arrive very early or late to avoid crowds. The Mount is pretty narrow with lots of stairs. I can not see paying for a tour.

Posted by
151 posts

During the low season (from Sept till April), the abbey closes at 6pm, but you have to enter at least one hour before (last entrance at 5pm ; 4.45pm is better). It is not summer anymore : of course, there are always tourists there in the middle o the day, but not very large crowds, so it is not really necessary to buy your ticket in advance.

Posted by
1337 posts

Personally, for me, Mount St. Michel merits a tour. I've always visited it with language schools that automatically came with a guide. The guides really made the place come alive. I can't imagine just wandering through with a printed guide. I would suggest going with a tour group from Paris or somwhere else. This gets you there without having to worry about transportation and it's money well spent and and a learning experience.