Please sign in to post.

Mont St. Michel

What is the best way to travel from Rennes to Mont St Michel? It's difficult to figure out if a train or bus connect the two, or should we just rent a car? We are traveling there in October. Do we need to reserve tickets for transportation? Thank you for your input.

Posted by
7067 posts

There's no train that goes all the way to Mont St Michel. You can take a train from Rennes to Pontorson and then bus or taxi from there to MSM.

Posted by
1170 posts

Or rent a car from the train station in Rennes. It is a simple drive. I rented a car there, dropped off my luggage in the trunk, and then went into town (after letting the Hertz Office what I was doing). It was a great way to visit the city sans luggage before moving on.

Posted by
29 posts

Or take the Keolis bus from the train station in Rennes. www.keolis-armor.com. It will drop you off at Tourist Information near MSM, then take the free shuttle from there to MSM. We took it in May and it was so easy and convenient!

Posted by
3 posts

Super confused.
I am wanting to travel to Mont St. Michel from Paris too.
I found a 7:31 AM Train Nomad 3401 from Paris Montparnasse that arrives in Villedieu-les-Poeles at 10:28 AM. You then transfer to a bus which leaves at 10:38 Am arriving in Mont st Michel at 11:23 AM.

I'm at thetrainline.com

Is this not right?

Posted by
128 posts

The fastest and most efficient way to travel from Paris to Mont. St. Michel is to take a TGV train from Gare Montparnasse to Rennes and then a Keolis bus directly from the train station to Mont. St. Michel. The Keolis website explains it all to you in English.

www.keolis-armor.com

The high-speed line was recently upgraded, so it only takes 1.5 hours to get from Paris to Rennes. There are three buses per day between the Rennes station and the Mont.

Posted by
1170 posts

The fastest and most efficient way to travel from Paris to Mont. St.
Michel...

I think you mean the most efficient way if you refuse to rent a car. A car is much simpler and efficient. Unfortunately, some people are uncomfortable driving in France (particularly in Normandy) for reasons unknown to me.