My wife and I are planning to go to France for 4 days just to see there as my wife always wanted to go there
I have some questions and hope you can assist for our planning?
1) Is March a good time and will there be snow around the castle?
2) How to get there by train to and from? I have heard you can catch the train to Pontorson or Rennes and the free shuttle bus? Is that right that there is ONLY 1 per day? Because we hope to go early in the morning back back to France a couple of days later either in the morning or at night depending if we really enjoy it.
3) The reason for the above is because we plan to stay for 2 nights so that we can see the different angles around the castle and explore in a slow pace esp when the day trip tours are over etc
4) We intend to stay hotel near Gare du Nord so that we can depart next to it but however, I just realised going to there will depart from Paris Montparnasse Hall, so it is a different train station, do I get that right?
5) We considered staying 1 night inside the castle and 1 night outside the castle (like 20 min shuttle bus) but I just learnt that the cobbles are a lot to cope with inside the village as we want to see what its like at night to explore, so therefore, I am wondering what is the latest free shuttle bus that takes you back to the town? 9pm? 10pm? I see sunset is 7pm, so if we look INSIDE at 8 or 9pm, we want to make sure that we still have shuttle bus that goes back to the town?
6) Or as from above, do you recommend 1 night each i.e. one inside the castle for the hotel and one outside the town?
7) If we intend to leave from Mont Saint Michel to Geneva early in the morning by train, is it possible to arrive by midday or?
7) Finally, my wife really wants to see different times and different angles and walk around etc, so therefore is it really needed for 3 nights? or 2 nights would be enough?
Thank you in advance