Please sign in to post.

Monet's Garden

We are travelling to the Garden after our family arrives at CDG - where the flight is supposed to arrive at 7:00 a.m. There will be 8 of us and I understand buying our entry tickets ahead of time is recommended, especially for that sized group. If I get the tickets for 10:30 and either the flight is late, or there are traffic issures (or whatever the issue) and we can't make the 10:30 entry, will they still allow us in whenever we get there?

Posted by
15818 posts

Hi phdon627 -
First thing? Where are you and your family flying in from? If it's a transatlantic or otherwise very long flight, I don't know as I'd try to sightsee Giverny right off the plane. Will you be driving and so need to rent a car at the airport (it looks like you've previously driven in France)?

The ticketing websites I looked at (ticketmaster, seetickets and FNAC) all state that E-tickets are only valid on the date and time slot indicated (bolding is mine) so I wouldn't count on them admitting a late arrival, especially if it's a good-sized group. Tickets are also non-refundable and non-changeable so I guess you'd have to weigh if you're willing to risk the price of the tickets (and the time to get to Giverny, if not staying in the area) should things not go according to plan? There are have been enough reports of flight delays and cancellations these days that I personally wouldn't book anything at all involving a timed reservation for an arrival day. Just my 2-cents.

You could call or email them?
Phone: +33 (0)2 32 51 28 21
contact@fondation-monet.com

Posted by
20 posts

Thanks Kathy. My husband and I will already be in the area and have the van. Our intent is to pick up the family from the airport and heading north to where we are staying and stopping in Giverny on the way. Given that our flights already have been changed by the airlines 3 times and the tight schedule we have in France, this may be the only time we will be able to go to the garden. Getting a nice walk in the countryside after a plane ride would be a nice stop. I guess we run the risk of getting tickets and not being able to us them on our way north.
Thanks for your input.

Posted by
15818 posts

Ah, so you're one step ahead already being there and having the vehicle! Still - and as you've already experienced - I wouldn't trust the airline not to make further changes that might delay arrival. And another possible snag to consider? I'm sure the gardens are lovely on a sunny (or even cloudy but dry) day but should Mother Nature throw you a wrench and it's raining buckets? It's not like being able to choose the optimal day-trip weather day, eh?