Please sign in to post.

Mobile eurail pass

I am about to purchase the mobile France Pass but it seems to have many steps . I have compared prices and it seems to be cheaper for about 3 of my trips. But does it work fairly seamlessly. I am accustomed to having a paper pass and paper reservations.
Thank you.

Posted by
6901 posts

A Eurail Pass is not seamless in France. You need to purchase reservations once you have the pass, which can be cumbersome. When is your trip? Where have you looked at prices? If it is not imminent, you might save money with advance tickets sold by SNCF (French railways).

Posted by
32767 posts

please say that when you were comparing prices you weren't using the figures on the Rick Steves map, and not using RailEurope or the Eurailpass website. If you did, you have likely got prices you don't need to pay.

Posted by
5 posts

Yes I compared prices on SNCF. They are much cheaper on most travel days. And I usually purchase reservations once I arrive in Paris at the SNCF office on Blvd St Michel, but it’s a holiday weekend and the office will be closed. I have looked at reservations on Eurail to add to the mobile app. It just seems cumbersome., and wondering if the scanners « compostez » the mobile reservation.