Please sign in to post.

Metro Pass in Paris

Hello:
I have often used weekly passes in European cities. But it seems the Paris one is a bit more complicated. Is there a weekly pass you can buy without a photo ID?

Someone mention long lines at ticket counters. Can you also pass the passes at machines.

Thank you, Gerry

Posted by
512 posts

Yes, there's the Navigo weekly pass (runs Monday to Sunday) You can get it on your phone using the official transport app, You can also buy a card and then add value with your phone. Not sure about ticket machines, haven't used them for quite a while.

Posted by
159 posts

You have to buy all tickets and passes at machines. All of the machines have an English option. In the case of the Navigo Découverte, for instance, you purchase the pass, and the machine ejects a receipt. You take the receipt to a window where the clerk gives you the pass kit. Sometimes the clerk will put the pass together. Other times, if it's busy, you need to do it yourself.

It's dead simple. Bring a head shot of yourself that's a little smaller than a passport photo. You can even crop a passport photo to fit.
You stick your picture on the space with the adhesive and print your name in the space provided, fold it and insert it into the plastic case. Et voilà.

I've never seen murderously long lines at a Métro window.

Posted by
553 posts

Can you buy a 10-ticket pass at the machines in the metro stations?

I am looking for some discount but am trying to keep things as simple as possible. For some of use, using phone apps takes some time. I just downloaded the apps for IDF Mobilities, Ticket sans contact, and My Navigo Tickets. I simply want to buy a package of some kind and not worry about a passport photo.

Posted by
2675 posts

The zone 1-5 weekly Navigo pass is valid for any Monday to Sunday, cost is 37.50€. This pass may be loaded onto a reusable Navigo Découverte card (5€), or a smartphone using either the Ile de France Mobilités app or the Bonjour RATP app. All of these options require a photo. You may also purchase fares using either of the apps.

Only day passes loaded onto the Navigo Easy card are available without a photo. You may also load single tickets t+ (2.15€) onto the Easy card or 10 tickets t+ for 17.50€. Paper tickets t+ are still available at 2.15€ each.

Posted by
10067 posts

For the Navigo Decouverte Semaine (the weekly pass), while you do need to bring a photo, it does not have to be a passport photo. You can make a photocopy of any passport-like photo.

There is no weekly pass you can buy without a photo.