Please sign in to post.

Metro Pass

Get your photo to put on your Nativo pass- I didn’t know and was checked for it. Charged me 35 euro for it (penalty) getting on the metro. They didn’t care to see my receipt.

Posted by
104 posts

Yup- ended up photo copying our drivers license and sticking it on there. Was easier and cheaper than the booths!!

Posted by
104 posts

Btw - not all stations have the photo booths. We stayed near Boissière and there isn’t one….

Posted by
2537 posts

I assume you are referring to a Navigo Découverte card. Not only must you have your photo attached to the spot that says photo, you must have your name written in the space provided. Unlike the Navigo Easy card which may be used by anyone, the Navigo Découverte cards are non-transferrable, and are user specific; hence the requirement for the photo and name on the card.

Posted by
80 posts

When we moved to France my partner made this same mistake even after I told her it was a requirement while we were waiting for her permanent navigo card. Don't let it bother you too much but I know how it can feel really unfair, particularly when you have a receipt in your name. Unfortunately, the photo is designed to prevent/minimize pass sharing and theft.

Make sure you sign it too if you haven't yet. If you have a photo but no signature, you can also be fined. Remember to always validate (5 euro fine on bus or tram, 35 euros on metro or RER if you don't). If you enter a station with broken gates/validation, make a note of where it is and preferably take a picture with your cell phone.

Until not that long ago when they stepped up the enforcement mechanism, there was actually insurance for these fines - the fare jumpers had a union of sorts!

Posted by
4324 posts

I found every train station, and most metro stations, chock-full of photo booths. Practically next to each other.

Posted by
7981 posts

Picky but important -- you don't SIGN the ND you print your name on it. And the requirement for a photo seems obvious since we are dealing with a non-transferable pass which also has a spot on it that says 'photo'. After signature is printed and photo is affixed, you then fold the gummed clear flap over both and seal them in before sandwiching the two cards and sliding them into the plastic case.

Posted by
158 posts

If you have an Android phone, you can buy the weekly pass via an app and take a selfie. It was beyond easy and saved us the €5 physical card fee.