Please sign in to post.

Marmottan museum

Is it necessary to prebook tickets for the Marmottan museum on a Sunday afternoon?

Posted by
216 posts

I wouldn't bother. I expand on this in my reply on Things to do on Sunday.

Enjoy!

Posted by
15582 posts

There may be a timed entry with limited numbers for a temporary exhibition, but I don't think there's anything like that for the permanent collections. If you are planning to visit Giverny as well, there is a combined ticket.

Posted by
8050 posts

I have visited this museum 3 times and in each case there was no line to speak of. It is rather out of the way for the average tourist and not as well known as the Orangerie and d'Orsay and much less visited.

It has a lovely collection of Monets and more importantly it contains the painting after which 'Impressionism' was named "Impression Sunrise"

Posted by
32746 posts

Last July I just walked right in, no waiting of any sort.

I was there on the spur of the moment after a visit to Giverny, and as we were driving to the Loire, and even found parking right there. I was a lucky boy.....

Posted by
15582 posts

I was there two weeks ago (though it feels a lot longer) mid-week. There was no line, but the temp exhibit was pretty crowded. The rest of the museum was not particulary full, probably more so than usual because the exhibit attracted more people. It was also during the spring school holidays, which may have had a small impact as well.