Please sign in to post.

Markets in Paris

We will be in Paris for 2 days. Sunday afternoon through Tuesday morning. It appears all markets are closed on Mondays. Does anyone know of a market that may be open? We would love to stroll through and sample the produce, fish , and local eats? I hate that we will be missing out on this type of adventure. TIA!

Posted by
4656 posts

Is Paris the only place you are going? We ran across a number on different days of the week in various towns in Normandy. With only a limited time in Paris, I would personally spend it in other persuits, but look for markets in other travel areas.
As an alternative, head to Luxemburg Gardens. Sample any vendor food and I think there is a great ice cream or macaron shop across the street. These Gardens are great strolling grounds and the shops nearby are wonderful for window shopping (so says the non shopper). It has been a few years, but a garden supply shop, umbrella maker, butcher, antiquey bits, realtors....now the realtor wi dows are an eye opener.

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you RJean. I show that the Aligre Market is closed on Mondays. Do you know differently? We were really hoping to visit that particular market.

Posted by
1585 posts

Yeah i just noticed that. Well you can try Marché couvert Saint-Didier.

Posted by
8441 posts

For the most part markets are selling food to take home and prepare -- they are not like food courts with lots of sampling although often there is a grilled meat stand -- but set up for take home, not eating on the spot. Market streets are close on Mondays and Sunday afternoons. Weekly markets don't open on Mondays.