Please sign in to post.

Lyon restaurants

Will be in Lyon during my vegetarian daughter's 15th birthday. I've read about Bouchons, etc and note that Lyonnaise cuisine seems to be more meat-heavy. Any recommendations for a good restaurant that might have vegetarian options for her?

Posted by
12172 posts

When my daughter was 15, her go to vegetarian meal was fries and a coke at McDonalds.

There are a ton of restaurants. I was a little disappointed with the Bouchons in Lyon. It seems like many tourists come asking for them so a lot of random restaurants have taken to calling themselves Bouchons. I was never able to find the type of traditional Bouchon I had hoped for. I did, however, find a lot of nice restaurants that didn't call themselves Bouchons. I don't think you will have trouble finding vegetarian options but I do find reservations are necessary at better restaurants. I'd ask your lodging for a recommendation right when you arrive, then ask if they'll help you call for a reservation? That's the easiest way to bridge any language barrier you might have calling yourself.