Please sign in to post.

Lyon Part Dieu Closures June 2023

I’m planning on taking the train from Paris to Lyon on June 5, 2022. Looks like I can book my train on OUIGO no problem.
However, when I cross checked SNCF to compare regular TGV fares, I get a notation, in French on the English site, that says no trains stops at part Dieu on June 5 (due to ongoing construction I assume). Not sure if OUIGO trains are an exception but that’s not indicated to be the case SNCF site
I can’t figure out how to ask OUIGO in the app what’s going on. Any insight would be most welcome

Posted by
4140 posts

June 5 is a Sunday , so probably your guess that it is construction is correct . My bet is that the train will stop at a nearby station, and SNCF will provide a shuttle bus to Part Dieu

Posted by
427 posts

A likely alternative to Part Dieu would be Perrache, the older major station in Lyon. It's in a seedier part of town, but one that's rapidly being built out. It's amazing how the southern part of the presqu'île is changing from an old, decrepit industrial area known for drugs, hookers, and burnt out cars to pretty nice residential, commercial, and office buildings. Easy access to the rest of Lyon via either the tram or just walking north, though Place Carnot and toward Place Bellecour along the pedestrian Rue Victor Hugo.