Please sign in to post.

Lyon Hotels

I am quite surprised at Lyon hotel prices, 3 nights more than my 5 in Paris. Two modest price (200+) hotel are already sold out for our dates. I have read all the previous post but I thought I would try posting again. WE love small local non-chain hotels. Breakfast is nice but not a necessity , would love a small bar (4-6 seats), again not a necessity, where we often have a chance to talk to people. With only 3 days and the first is our arrival from the States, we do need to be "in-Town" but we are fully capable of walking. Any new suggestions out there? We are arriving at Gare de Part Dieu and leaving from Perrache

Posted by
27 posts

What are your dates? Less than 4 months out? The reason I ask is that we have encountered several hotels that do not list availability online too far out in the future. They may look booked but just not opened up that period.

We have had luck just reaching out via email and reserving that way.

Posted by
352 posts

Thank you for the reply. No, I do not think that is the problem though we are traveling in late September. In the past, I have had websites that show no availability when I request an English translation. But that has not been true here. Since I posted I have located two more sold out hotels. But, I think I will try emailing to my favorite, last year I got on a waiting list and it worked out. And Google just has such misleading information on prices but I keep looking. I should add I try to go directly to hotel not booking agents. Thanks for your efforts.

Posted by
2048 posts

We booked at Hotel Vaubecour for a trip in March. I’ve been very impressed with their responsiveness to emails and inquiries. Looks like a lovely hotel.

Posted by
6 posts

It could be that you are running into high demand because of the Rugby World Cup. Lyon is hosting games on the 24, 27, and 29 of September. I will be visiting around that same time and have been trying to avoid the matches as much as possible. You can see all the dates here: https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/matches

Posted by
110 posts

I booked Hotel Des Artistes recently, for early June. Around 200/night. Place des Celestines.

Posted by
18 posts

Depending on the size and price you are after, we loved this Lyon AirBnB. It was a 2 bedroom with most amazing views. The bus stop was right outside the front door (used it to go to the train station, had taken a taxis there, but train was very easy!). There is no elevator however. It's in Old Town and was a great location to walk to all the sites.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16895587