Please sign in to post.

Lyon City Card Free Tour

I have purchased the Lyon City card and wanted to book the walking tour that comes with the card. I cannot discover how to do this. Is perhaps you just show up? I seemed to remember something about them selling out. Perhaps sign up is only available 30 days in advance? Any experience out there?

Posted by
898 posts

I am having the same issue, Ellen, with finding any tours of the Traboules that others here have taken in the past with the Lyon City Card. Have you actually found a walking tour but not the ability to book?
There appear to be several walking tour types. The one I've looked at is FROM VIEUX-LYON TO PLACE DES TERREAUX, OVER THE YEARS. It cannot be booked at this point beyond May 20th.
FROM PLACE BELLECOUR TO THE OLD LYON can be booked up to and including May 29th.

Posted by
350 posts

I just saw this on my confirmation for buying the card
"A guided walking tour of Lyon Tourism and Conventions is included in the Lyon City Card. Mandatory reservation. Subject to availability. To book this service now, go to www.visiterlyon.com. Simply choose your visit and enter the discount code(s) below into your basket.

You can also book by phone at
+33 (0)4 72 77 69 69"

I guess I just have to wait for 30 days before my trip.

Posted by
10218 posts

When I picked up my card at the TI they booked tours for me.

Posted by
350 posts

I just, now, emailed the City Card Website. They are very good about responding. You cannot sign up for a tour until the month before.