Please sign in to post.

Lyon

We will only be in Lyon one day in April.
What sights do you recommend.
Thank you.

Posted by
8057 posts

For me, exploring the Traboules was the most interesting thing. Get a guide if you can to get more access, but you can also get a map at the tourist office and visit quite a few on your own. Take the funnicular up to the Roman ruins and the Basilica on the hill overlooking the town.

Posted by
7287 posts

We enjoyed the Gallo Roman museum. Also, the Musee Lumiere was interesting, plus the interior architecture of it.

Our apartment was very unique and in one of the private access troboules - loved that experience! So, I agree with Janet to try to see some of them. But, read about them first, so you understand why and how they have been used.

The Vieux Lyon area in general is worth exploring.

Posted by
674 posts

--For me, exploring the Traboules was the most interesting thing. Get a guide if you can to get more access, but you can also get a map at the tourist office and visit quite a few on your own. --

Janet, thank you for this suggestion. We will be there in June on our RS Southern France My Way tour, and I started researching this after reading your post. I've found some good information to put on my itinerary.

Posted by
1428 posts

Another vote for the Gallo-Roman Museum. Where else can you see the remains of a Roman chariot? Just outside is a Roman amphitheater and ruins of the Roman baths are nearby.