Please sign in to post.

Luggage Storage in Paris

In September we will be in Paris for 2 days, then Normandy for 6 days before flying to Glasgow, Scotland to start our 13-day Rick Steven tour. After the tour we are going back to France to do a hike in the Dordogne area. We don't want to lug our hiking boots and poles around Normandy or Scotland. I've looked into storage facilities associated with the Paris airport and train station and they are at least $10-15 per day. Does any have any ideas about where we could store our hiking equipment until we start our hike?
Thank you.
Trish

Posted by
1268 posts

Two options come to mind. First, contact the place you plan to use as your base for the latter part of your trip and ship the items to them to hold until your arrival. Second, buy some new poles in France.

Posted by
553 posts

I think that’s about what you’re going to have to pay in Paris.

My understanding is usually on the Rick Steves tour you can leave things under-the bus when you aren’t going to need them.

And since this is the Rick Steves form where we travel carry-on lot, I do feel obligated to point out that if your hiking sticks have a point on the end, you need to put them in checked luggage. you might get lucky and get away with it at security, but you’re more likely not going to get lucky

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you for your ideas. I think one of those luggage storage websites will work for storing our boots and poles in Paris. I will also check to see if we can mail them from Paris to the place we start our hike.
We are excited about our Rick Steves tour and strongly believe in packing as light as possible.
Trish