Please sign in to post.

Luggage storage at CDG

I have a 6 hour layover in Paris, I'm looking for a place to safely store luggage, while I see the city. Looking for places at or near airport.

Thank you

Posted by
3705 posts

You will not have time to "see" the city during a six-hour layover, but there is luggage storage -- Bagagesdumond.com. Plan on using up about an hour of your time, at least, for the luggage drop off and pick up.

Posted by
32813 posts

Does the six hours start after baggage claim and border controls, or at touchdown?

Does the six hours end before you have to check in for the next flight (2 hours within Europe, 3 to North America, plus getting lost time at CDG plus long walking time at CDG)?

If you have 6 clear hours after baggage claim and before check in time, you could do a whistle stop into and out of Paris but it will take you an hour each way (plus a bit more for worry time) leaving you about 3 hours on the ground in Paris.

What is the one most important thing for you to see?

Don't try to leave your luggage. For such a short period of time you will waste a lot getting it past security and into storage and have worry time of the queues are too long when you want to reclaim it.

Which is more important to YOU - money or time?

Posted by
5222 posts

Jan,

Nigel has said it best, especially when she asked this:

Does the six hours start after baggage claim and border controls, or at touchdown?

If the 6 hours start upon landing, you don't have enough time to "see" Paris.

As Nigel also mentioned, you need to return to CDG at least 2 hours for a domestic flight (within Europe) & at least 3 hours for an International flight.

There are multiple long lines you'll need to wait at, at this very busy airport, prior to reaching your departure gate.

I wouldn't risk missing my flight.

Posted by
33 posts

We arrive in Paris at 6:00 am. Our next flight departs to Croatia st 6:00 p m

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Posted by
9607 posts

well with 12 hours, at least you will have time to go into the city and see something! (if you arrive on time, or roughly thereafter).