Please sign in to post.

Luberon?

We have five or six days and a car in mid September and thought to explore the Luberon area. Any recommendations of things not to be missed? Or places to stay or eat in the area? Any input is much appreciated.

Posted by
607 posts

The RS Provence guide is very valuable here.

I liked Joucas.

Posted by
1005 posts

As the previous poster said, the RS Provence guide is excellent and will help you sort things out. I would stay in one home base and take day trips to other towns in the Luberon. Roussillon, though touristy, is exceptionally beautiful and well located. If you prefer a larger town, many enjoy Isle-sur-la-Sorge. Good luck.

Posted by
489 posts

We stayed a number of nights in the Luberon and you will love it. Look into the market days of various villages.
Definitely go to Les Baux (early) and also to the Carrieres de Luminere. We stayed near Roussillon. It is a must see. We took an easy day drive to Bedoin (wed is market day) and then drove up To Mt. Ventoux and had a picnic along the way. If you ever have seen the La Tour de France, you will appreciate Mt. Ventoux. Very nice small villages... Lacoste and Bonnieux (where we had a yummy lunch) We had a dinner in L'isle sur la Sorgue and loved the area.

Posted by
671 posts

Yes, make sure you visit a market or two. The first one I visited (and I think the best) was in Bedoin. Double check the day as I thought I was there on a Monday.