Please sign in to post.

Looking for a travel buddy

Hi I booked a RT Flight on Air France this April 18 to fly into Pairs, then go from there.
I want to spend a few days visiting Pairs and France, and then head down to Rome, Italy for a couple of days.
My Travel partner has canceled, and I dont know the France and Italy well enough to go on the trip alone, I've never been there before.
I am looking for someone who may want to travel, but also does not want to go alone. We would share accomodations , and other experiences as well.
I am a retired teacher from Nebraska and want very much to explore Europe this Spring.
Please respond if you know someone who may want to go on a trip like this.

Posted by
11507 posts

Oh I am sorry your friend cancelled.. and I hope you find someone.. but I really hope you don't cancel.. both cities are fine for solo female travel.. and no one knows a city till they have been there.. I have done Paris solo and Rome alone with my child..

Paris is especially wonderful alone.. I am happily married but contemplating a solo trip this year again just because I love that alone time.. and you can do what you want for as long or short as you like.. at a great museum.. spend hours.. bored by shopping (me) then don't do any.. I lllove it..

Posted by
101 posts

Ditto to not canceling it you can't find a partner. I went to Europe for the first time last year and I went solo. Stayed in Paris and Florence if yoy have any questions. Did you book your hotels?

Posted by
2133 posts

Hi Chris, sorry that you're scrambling for a travel partner. Paris is wonderful so if do you end up going by yourself you could spend all of your time there. I've been to Paris many times and my "dream trip" is to spend a month there traveling solo. For your next trip consider doing a Rick Steves tour. Don't let the lack of a partner keep you from traveling!

You will get more responses if you post this under Tips and Trip Reports, Travel Partners. You might find someone else looking for a partner too. Good luck!