Please sign in to post.

Long Term Luggage Storage - Paris

I'm flying in and out of Paris this coming summer arriving on June 13 and departing sometime in mid-August.
About 35 days of the trip will be a hike of the Camino de Santiago. I'm sure when I'm done I'll want to burn the few clothes I'm wearing for that trek. I would like to store a carry-on suitcase in Paris while I'm in Spain and then pick it up when I return to Paris so I have something decent to wear for the remaining month or so that I'm in France!
Anyone have any ideas of where I can store a small suitcase for that long without spending a fortune? I've been looking around on CityStasher and there are some good deals on there but I was hoping someone here has direct experience with this and can recommend a trusted place.
Thanks in advance for your info!

Posted by
32875 posts

the hotel you stay in at the beginning if it is the same hotel as at the end, in their luggage room?

Posted by
27204 posts

I think you'll find decent storage options, but in a pinch, you should be able to get inexpensive outer garments (tops and pants) at street markets if you're not too tall. I've bought cheap, lightweight cotton slacks (ethnic-looking prints) in a lot of places on the continent, including Spain and France, and of course tops are even more widely available. I've seen socks, too, and socks from a market couldn't possibly be worse than the misshapen things I bought at a Camaïeu store (avoid, at least for socks!). Undergarments I've never needed to replace in Europe.

One tip: Start out with new socks to reduce the likelihood that yours will wear out mid-hike. I guess that's a mistake a serious hiker would not make, but I made it.