Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Paris

I could use a little direction with location and lodging in Paris,( price range $200 to $250) in mid September. Need air conditioning and a good bed. Just my husband and me (in our 70's).We have never been to France so staying 3 weeks. Using taxis and public transportation

1. I need one or two nights prior to a 9 day Seine River Cruise(Gate 1) to just chill and adjust to time change (flying from west coast). Prefer somewhere comfortable, relaxing and quiet.

2. After river trip have 4 nights on our own before joining a 8 day Paris, Provence and French Riviera tour...... the tour has us staying at LeMeriden Etollie ( near Arc de Triumph I think) for two nights and it is out of our price range for the extra 4 nights.

3.Thinking of staying in the Montmartre Neighborhood for the 4 night portion of our trip and maybe the Marais or somewhere in the Left Bank for the first 2 nights. Thoughts? Recommendations? We like artsy and quirky places.....

4.We will have 2 city tours of Paris through our Gate One trips that hit all the top sites. During our 4 days on own would go to the Louvre and maybe other museums. We like sitting at outdoor cafes, observing the everyday lives of the local people, walking different neighborhoods, local shops, art, music, photography etc. Suggestions?

Anyone ever stay in the Melia Hotels?

Thank you!

Posted by
7981 posts

Our favorite little hotel for short stays is Henri IV Rive Gauche near the Seine in the 5th and around the corner from a nice little park and Shakespeare and Co. Plenty of good restaurants in an easy stroll (also the awful ones on Rue Huchette so don't go there)

Posted by
2300 posts

Hotel Residence des Artes €230/nt for available dates in Sept. perfect location in the center of Paris, close to metro and RER. Tons of great cafes around. Very charming.

Posted by
1363 posts

In the Marais, Hotel de la Bretonnerie. Beautiful hotel with AC and an elevator.
Have a great Trip!