Please sign in to post.

Lodging for a month in Paris -January 2025

Hello. My husband and I would like to go to Paris for a month. Last January, 2024, we were there for two weeks and stayed in Hotel Malte, which we loved, but this time we would like to book an apartment (hopefully getting in on a monthly deal). Our budget would be about $3000 or less. Any ideas about staying in Paris for a month or ideas about where we could stay. Thank you.

Posted by
2 posts

Also, we have been to paris many times and enjoy staying in the 2nd and 6th but are open to other ideas too.

Posted by
148 posts

Go to Vacations in Paris. They have many apartments throughout the city. Used them twice and loved the apartments. Not sure 3000.00 is enough but you have to check. Remember you get what you pay for. Good luck

Posted by
251 posts

I usually spend a month in Paris generally in November (my birthday month). I am 70+, F, S, solo traveler. I always rent apts in my travels. I require a washing machine, microwave, close to metro, light, windows, nicely decorated. I always use booking.com. I put in my parameters including 7+ as a rating and came up with 49 for Jan 1-31, 2025. I stayed in 2 of those listed. Without evaluating each one pictures looked very good.

I stayed in Residence Voute in Nov 2021 in 301, a studio, fab location even though far east Paris. To the left of the apt was the most fabulous of shops, metro and lots of buses to the right of the apt. Managers were terrific. No elevator but there are units on 3 floors.

November 2023 stayed in Le Penthouse Picardie, 2 blocks from 3 metros, numerous busses, and the oldest covered market in Paris. Fab apt and I did a review. it was on the very top, 5th floor with narrow stairs at the top. Lots of light and windows. I'm 5'5" and had issue with sloped bathroom ceiling. Main issue was a probably 100 year old lock mechanism for the apt door but once that got fixed stay was wonderful.

From my experience you are not too early in booking a place. One aspect that i always look at is where the lamps are, can I move them to my satisfaction and actually have taken to bringing an extension cord with me. I also do not like rain shower heads or prepay for apt but make allowances in certain cases. I also don't do apts with stairs to the sleeping area, see age above! Kitchen equipment sometimes does not mean a microwave. Also verify if washing machine is in your apt versus in another part of the building or even outside and upstairs in another area if that is important to you. it is to me.

Envy you. Enjoy. And you still get to visit the Christmas Markets.