Please sign in to post.

Left Luggage

Hi All,

Looking for experiences and comments about left luggage in Paris. Are there any great services, ones to avoid?

Thanks!

Posted by
3683 posts

Years ago, I used City Locker and it was fine. I found out about eelway and suggested it to someone who used it and loved it.
www.citylocker.fr www.eelway.com There is also Blue Marble. I used them in 2010 (2011?) and they were also fine. https://www.bluemarble.org/ParisLuggage.html

Except for one, the mainline trains stations have luggage storage and I have used some of those. I have not had any problems with luggage storage but it can and has taken a long time to get my stuff back a couple of times at the train stations (long lines). I have not had to store luggage in Paris since 2016 so maybe you can hear from others with more recent experience. My nephew has used holidag and nannybag, which are not dedicated storage businesses but rather are a way to link travelers with businesses with extra space that provide luggage storage. He likes them but on at least one occasion, he could not find the place where he was supposed to leave his luggage and ended up carting his bag around and on another, he thought the place was not secure when he got there.

Posted by
752 posts

Eelway.com is my preference because they use hotels for storage, so bags can be retrieved most anytime and there is very little waiting to pick up. Hotels usually have bag storage for their guests, so I feel more comfortable with security. Some of the other companies tend to use stores, salons, etc and I was a bit concerned about pickup hours and how my bags would be secured.

I recently recommended eelway on this Forum and the poster PM’d afterwards that they had a great experience with them.

Posted by
184 posts

We had an afternoon Eurostar to London so we checked out of our hotel early, bussed it over to Gare de Nord, put our luggage in their Left Luggage facility then touristed for a few more hours. It was a very convenient option.

Posted by
122 posts

Thanks for the replies, they were helpful in determining Left Luggage was not going to work out in my particular scenario! Would have been questionable / potentially ill-fated without your replies, so thanks!

Posted by
3391 posts

stasher.com lists businesses that will hold your luggage. They are all over the city and there is most likely one close to the location you would need to leave your bags. Worth looking! Fully insured.