Please sign in to post.

Latin quarter hotel

I will be in Paris in july fo 5 nights. Any suggestion of hotels around 130-160 dollars? Thanks.

Posted by
5519 posts

I stayed at Hotel Eugenie in May for 2 nights. Very clean, close to both the Odeon and St Michel metro stops, and air conditioned (it was close to 90 degrees when I was there so I was really glad to have it). There was also a mini fridge in the room. I thought it was a good value. The price I paid for a double was within your range.

http://www.eugenie-paris-hotel.com/en/

Posted by
29 posts

We were very happy with the Hotel Cujas Pantheon when we stayed in Paris last month. Our room was 130 euros so that would be in your price range. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the desk staff very friendly. Good location, easy to get to the Cluny Museum, restaurants, and other sights.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks Laura an sharon. It will be my first time in france and am very excited.

Any suggestion for amboise in loire valley?

Posted by
9420 posts

Hotel Diana is good. Rooms are nice. Lobby not so much. Which is unusual, lobbies are usually nicer than rooms...

Posted by
5687 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Cujas Pantheon last month too (paid only 80 Euros for a single room, though). Loved the proximity to the Jardin du Luxembourg, not much further to everything else nearby.

Posted by
9420 posts

woinparis, I'm wondering why you dislike Hotel Diana? I remember you saying in another post that they were unfriendly... are there other reasons?

Posted by
9420 posts

Thank you woinparis for explaining. I was walking past Hotel Diana this February (I think it's an excellent location) and decided to go inside to check it out and look at a room because a friend of mine stayed there last November and liked it. The woman at reception gave me a room key so I could go up on my own to see a room and I was very impressed with it. It was a decent size, very clean, newly renovated, large flat screen tv on wall, nice large window, double bed (this was a Single room), clean/fresh/quality bed linens, very clean nice bathroom. I was actually extremely surprised by how nice the room was... it was almost as nice as many $250/night rooms I've stayed in in Paris. Especially surprised because the lobby was the opposite... looked like an unattractive hostel lobby with zero charm. The woman at reception was definitely not warm and friendly but neutral, and gracious to let me go up to a room on my own.
I've stayed at Hotel des Grands Hommes, it was ok but nothing impressive and not worth the high price imo.
We're all different and we all like different things... no right or wrong.

Posted by
5687 posts

I would highly recommend the Hotel Cujas Pantheon if you get it at the price I paid (80 Euros a night - a last-minute booking on their website, one day before arrival). The only problem I had with it was the shower was slightly broken. I had to maneuver it to point forward. Otherwise, my room was fine. I was thrilled to have gotten such a great deal on a decent hotel in a great location - nothing else comparable showed up on Booking.com that late.

I have no idea how the Cujas compares to other hotels nearby and don't particularly care. They were all more expensive than what I paid, when I booked, and I was very satisfied with the hotel (except for the minor shower thing). What else matters?

Posted by
11507 posts

We lucked out with the Hotel Diane.. reserved a double.. but we arrived later in the day so the desk clerk had given the last double to someone else and gave us the triple.. It was a large room with a couch (fold out. but not for us) and a coffee service set up .

I have been to the Eugenie three times now.. its not fancy.. but I have always be happy enough.. the rooms have mini fridges, good ac, and several english channels ( not common and not important to non english speakers.. but for my solo trips its nice to relax later in evening ) . Location is so central.. and staff are VERY nice.. one fellow spent half an hour helping us find some information we needed.

I would also look at Hotel Des Grand Hommes,, we like the location and the old fashioned decor, plus the staff were very kind.

There are so many hotels in central areas.. its hard to choose sometimes.

For a summer visit.. be sure hotel has ac ( in rooms, some will specify "in public areas" that is not the same). I also try to get a mini fridge .

Posted by
11507 posts

Almost forgot.. have stayed here twice.. the rooms are VERY small.. but clean and comfy beds and good ac.. location is very good very central but on a quieter street. Cheap hotel.
Hotel St. Pierre on Rue des Ecoles de Medicine ( I say this to clarify as there are a few hotels with similar names )

Posted by
11507 posts

I haven't I shall put it on the list !