Please sign in to post.

Jazz in Paris

Hi! My family and I are looking forward to our trip to Paris in March (fingers crossed that it actually happens). I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for great live jazz in Paris?

Posted by
2312 posts

I had planned to go to the Caveau de la Huchette on our last trip, but we didn’t get around to it. Historic club in an ancient building said to be a meeting place of the Knights Templar.

Posted by
7838 posts

Sunside-Sunset (very small but you can see New York jazz players and the best international pass through here)
Duc Des Lombards (it is on the same street and has the same quality as Sunset-Sunside)

New Morning Cafe (international acts)

The French along with the Japanese are some greatest consumers of jazz music (an original American art form) and have great jazz festivals since 1950's ; only the French maintain a site like this one available in English with up to date calendar listings of jazz concerts

https://www.parisjazzclub.net/en

Posted by
6788 posts

Bookmarking this thread for sure.

Thanks @jaczxy for asking the question, and thanks (of course) @Jazz+Travels for the good info.

Posted by
2948 posts

If you’re riding the metro, it’s possible that you’ll hear live jazz music after entering points of entry.

Posted by
199 posts

I'll be in Paris late March/Early April as well, and have on my to-do list to find some places for some jazz manouche (Gypsy jazz). I'll be watching this thread for sure! When I worked in Paris, the office I worked in was right across the street from L'Olympia - not jazz but great 60's rock and rollers played here, Beatles, Hendrix, etc.

Glenn

Posted by
1 posts

Recently attended jazz show at Duc Des Lombards. There was no charge on Monday evening and a very enjoyable set. Also, Sunrise/Sunside is just a few steps away. Lively area to hang in with numerous cafes, etc.