Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Review 2017

I've only been to Paris once, back in the 1990s on a bus tour, and have never been to London. How does this itinerary look. I know there are some slow days and may round them out with either a picnic or laundry. Any glaring problems?
As always, thanks for any assistance!

April 20 Thur Fly out
April 21 Fri Arrive Paris – Hotel Villa Beaumarchais 5 Rue Des Arquebusiers 75003
Notre Dame, Big Bus Tour, Champs-Elyses, Arc De Triomphe

April 22 Sat Latin Quarter Walk, Pantheon, Botanical Garden
April 23 Sun Marche’ Bastille, Pere LaChaise Cemetary
April 24 Mon Louvre, Lunch at O’Chateau, Sacre Cour & Montmartre walk.
April 25 Tue Rodin Museum, Army Museum, Eiffel Tower
April 26 Wed Catacombs, Luxembourg Gardens
April 27 Thur Train to London – Club Quarters Hotel 61 Lincoln’s Inn Field
Temple Church, Tower of London, St. Pauls Cathedral, Ye olde Cock Tavern, Ye olde Cheshire Cheese

April 28 Fri Westminster Palace and Abbey, Big Ben
April 29 Sat Stonehenge
April 30 Sun Train to Windsor, Sunday Roast in Windsor, tour Windsor Castle
May 1 Mon British Museum, Abbey Road, Golden Eagle Pub
May 2 Tues Train to Cambridge, Ceremony of the Keys (Tower of London), Yeoman Warder Club?
May 3 Wed 10 Downing St, Churchill War Rooms, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park
May 4 Thur Fly Home

Posted by
8154 posts

It looks as if you've really been preparing for your trip, and my hat's off to you on that. But there is so much to see in both of these great cities, and it's impossible to see it all.
I used to travel as far and as fast as I could, before I discovered that I could travel better when traveling slower. Your trip's pace is a little overwhelming and would tire out the strongest man.
Why don' t you prioritize the places you want to see, and leave time for a little rest?

Posted by
9363 posts

This actually doesn't look to jammed to me - very nice! While there are a lot of things on the list, some are just walk-bys, like Abbey Road, or somewhere to eat. A museum can take a long time or not, depending on your level of interest. You might find that your level of fatigue will dictate if you give something up or not, but on the whole, it doesn't look overcrowded. I usually plan one "big" thing in the morning and one in the afternoon. Then I do whatever smaller things fit into my time (which also allows for adding something interesting that you didn't know about). Good job!

Posted by
5217 posts

How about visiting Sainte Chapelle & d'Orsay Museum while in Paris?

Make sure you book your Eiffel Tower tickets 92 days in advance for best time selection ;-)

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
2466 posts

Or, you could just go early, and wait in line to buy Eiffel Tower tickets. Sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate, and it would be a shame to have to go in bad weather when you can't really see anything.

A boat ride on the Seine at night is a good idea, if you have an hour or so to spend. The river and monuments are illuminated beautifully. You can buy advance tickets which are good anytime during one year, this company docks at Pont Neuf. http://vedettesdupontneuf.com/home/

The best time to go to the Marche Bastille is around 10 AM - after that, the tour groups arrive and it gets really too crowded. The whole market starts shutting down at around 12:30 - 1:00 PM, so the city trucks can clean up the area.