Please sign in to post.

Itinerary opinion

Hello im planning to do a road trip From nice to paris. If some one could help me to review
the places im visiting and the length of stay in each of them will be very helpful. Thanks.

Nice 3 nights
Avignon 2 nights
Carcassonne 1 night
Sarlat la caneda 1 night
Bordeaux 2 nights
Loches 2 nights
Chartres 1 night
Paris. 3 nights

If you recommend to switch any of this places or to stay more nights please let me know.
Thanks.

Posted by
16893 posts

Making the trip longer is always my first choice. I'd want another night in Sarlat, especially if visiting any caves. Chartres doesn't require an overnight and can be a daytrip from Paris or a place to drop the car, sightsee for a few hours, then train to Paris. I've not been to Bordeaux or Loches.

Posted by
10216 posts

Loches is the furthest south of the Loire Valley chateaux, about an hour from the most famous, so assuming you are going this route in order to visit various chateaux, you can make a stop in Loches to see the chateau and town, but then keep going toward the Loire so you can visit more in the following day. Loches is much older than the others along the Loire, so it's worth seeing. If you do decide to stay in Loches, I can recommend a wonderful B & B, Domaine de la Maison Neuve.

Posted by
7175 posts

It would save 200km driving and give you extra time if you dropped Bordeaux. This would let you add a night to Sarlat and a night to Avignon.
Loches does seem, at 37km from Amboise, a little bit removed from the action.

Posted by
10216 posts

It's pretty hard to tell you to drop this or add that because we don't know what your interests are for going to different places. If you are going to the Dordogne for food and wine and seeing a hill town, then Sarlat is close enough. If you are interested in prehistoric cave paintings, you might want to stay in Les Eyzies. As for Bordeaux, it's a magnificent city with a lot to see and do, as well as the tours into the wine country around it. So without knowing you, your itinerary looks good--with the advice to get closer to the Loire if you want to see chateaux. We recently drove Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Peche-Merle, Limoges, Loches, Chartres, Paris. It was a good route.

Posted by
2 posts

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I THINK I WILL ADD A NIGHT TO SARLAT AND JUST DROP THE CAR ON CHARTRES AFTER I VISIT.
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.