I'm looking for some help...
My wife and I want to take a trip to Europe for our 25th anniversary late spring (May time frame). A little about our travels. Our main point of interest is Paris and Normandy. The rest of the trip is up in the air, and the main reason I'm posting. Looking for ideas. A bit about us....
- healthy middle age, love to walk and explore
- been to Italy 3 times, Vienna, Prague, Budapest
- have driven all over Tuscany, don't mind driving
- we plan on being gone for about 18 nights (give or take)
- modest budget, prefer < $200 / night for lodging. We like to rent apartments
- flying on miles, open jaw is no problem
We've thought about:
Paris / Barcelona trip
OR maybe a Paris / Luxembourg / Amsterdam
have also though about Zurich and/or Munich
While we are an active couple, we prefer to travel a bit slow and enjoy the moments. Don't like to stop in a city just to say we've been there. We know you can't see Paris in a couple days.
So, we are looking for some suggestions to complete our itinerary. Initial thought is 5 nights in Paris with maybe a couple in Normandy. My wife would also like to see some castles. Enjoy food, wine, architecture. Not a huge fan of museums.
Any ideas or things I might have missed greatly appreciated.