Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help

So, I am an overplanner and I have the spreadsheets to prove it! In September I will be spending 18 days in London and then 10 days in Paris. This is my itinerary. ( if you don't trust the link it also in a post below.) I am thinking that I need to rearrange my plans. I have both the Louvre (Monday) and Versaille (Tuesday) on their most busy days. Not only that, October 2nd is free museum day and I don't take advantage of it. I am open to suggestions.

Posted by
2456 posts

It might help if you just type in your itinerary and eliminate the link. Links tend to arouse suspicion.

Posted by
160 posts

It is kind of messy to copy and paste in my itinerary, but if links are frowned upon then this will have to do.

Date open days cost US$

Buy Paris Museum Pass PMP 66 € $68.64
Buy Transit pass. Mobilis or Navigo

9/24 Sat Arrive in Paris
Hostel $32.01
food $20.00
transport $3.12

9/25 Sun PMP Day must be consecutive
T,W,T,F,S,S Orsay Museum 16€ $0.00
RS Orsay Audio Tours $0.00
Bus C

RS Historic Paris Walk

Archeological Crypt on Île de la Cité 9 € $0.00
Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
A. Lacroix Pâtissier

Supermarché Délice

Shakespeare and Company
SAINTE-CHAPELLE 18,50 € $0.00
CONCIERGERIE 11.5€ $0.00
Hostel $32.01
food $40.00
transport $7.80

9/26 Mon PMP Day must be consecutive
M,W,T,F,S,S Louvre Museum 17 € online, 15 € at spot) $0.00
RS Louvre Audio Tours $0.00
lunch in the Louvre
walk through Tuileries Garden

bus 73 up Champs-Élysées

Arc de Triomphe 13,00 € $0.00
Hostel $32.01
food $40.00
transport $7.80

9/27 Tues PMP Day must be consecutive
T,W,T,F,S,S Subway 5 Train C €3,55 $3.69
Versailles Palace 20 € $0.00
RS Versaille Audio Tours $0.00
Le Dauphin

Train C, Subway 5 $3.69
Hostel $32.01
food $40.00
transport $12.90

9/28 Wed PMP Day must be consecutive
W,T,F,S,S Musée de l'Orangerie 12.50€ $0.00
walk

Bio c' Bon Paris Bourgogne

Boulangerie du Musée

Rodin Museum 13 € $0.00
Metro 13

Bourdelle museum 9 €

Hostel $32.01
food $40.00
transport $18.51

9/29 Thur Break/Catchup day

Misc $25.00
Hostel $32.01
food $40.00
transport $18.51

9/30 Fri

W,T,F,S,S Eiffel Tower 17,10€ $17.78
Walk

Sewer Museum 9,00 € $9.36
bus 63

Monop'

Boulangerie Pâtisserie Coudrier Geffroy

Musée de l'Homme €7.00 $7.28
Hostel $32.01
food $40.00
transport $7.80

10/1 Sat

T,W,T,F,S,S Musée Carnavalet $0.00
Audio guide $0.00
Musée Cognacq-Jay $0.00
Bus 69

TS MINI MARKET

Boulangerie Maison Marache

Père Lachaise Cemetery $0.00
RS Père Lachaise Audio Tours $0.00
Bus 69

Hostel $32.01
food $40.00
transport $7.80

10/2 Sun

T,W,T,F,S,S Paris Catacombs 29€ $30.16
Rue Daguerre

METRO 13

Petit Palais $0.00
Hostel $32.01
food $40.00
transport $7.80

10/3 Mon Montmartre walk
M,W,T,F,S,S Funiculaire Gare Basse

Sacré-Cœur $0.00
Paroisse Saint-Pierre

Musee de Montmartre 13€ $13.52
Saint-Vincent Cemetery

Cimetière de Saint-Vincent
Square Suzanne Buisson

Elmouden M' Hamed

Picasso First Studio

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec's House and Studio

Appartement de Théo Van Gogh

Moulin Rouge

Place de Clichy bus stop

Cluny Museum €5 $5.20
Hostel $32.01
food $40.00
transport $7.80

10/4 Tues Fly home day

Subway5 TrainB

food $30.00
transport $10.71

Total Cost $1,024.99

Posted by
2456 posts

You have listed a lot of places that are covered by the Paris Museum Pass, which it appears you are getting, so you don’t need to include their admission prices in your total.

Posted by
27176 posts

I don't plan my sightseeing in that kind of detail. I like to be able to choose activities suitable for each day's weather, and I never visit a large city like Paris without learning on the spot about something new and interesting--a new museum, a special exhibition, etc. On a sightseeing-intensive trip like this, you may hit the wall at some point and not feel like tackling what you have planned for that day. Or maybe there will be an enticing food festival youmwant to go to.

You seem to have done a good job of scheduling to take advantage of the museum pass. It looks as if you're squeezing in an additional free entry on Day 5 by beginning to use the 96-hour pass at, say, 10:30 AM on Day 1 and entering your last museum at 10 AM on Day 5. That's a good idea.

I wouldn't worry about the free-museum day at this point. You can play that by ear.watch for posters about special exhibitions in the secondary museums that won't be uncomfortably crowded that day.

Posted by
160 posts

Insbig, I haven't included the ticket prices that are covered by the Paris Museum Pass in my total. This was a copy and paste from a spreadsheet so the columns have all been lost and combined. The link in my original post is a link to a Google spreadsheet and it is all laid out nicely there. I am kinda proud that I was able to keep the total so low. Or it seems low to me. I average $102 a day!

Posted by
6916 posts

Perhaps you could do swap the Wednesday and the Tuesday, if you do not want to do Versailles on Tuesday?
But I do not think it matters too much...let's face it:
Versailles and the Louvre are crowded anyway.

I saw you plan to take bus 73 up Champs Elysées: you won't see much on the Champs Elysées from a bus window. There is not that much to see there, it is more a place to experience the buzz of the city.

And bus 69 is a SLOW ride. Plus, the bus system is in a shambles these days (since Covid + the recall of part of the bus fleet) and 20-30 minute waits are not uncommon.

Posted by
32 posts

There is a French verb FLANER which in essence, means to stroll. I hope you have allowed yourself just that...time to stroll. Paris is experiential...not a "check off the boxes" trip. Not meant as a critique, just a suggestion from one who has been there 4 times and cannot wait to return again. Certainly, you will see the Must Do's....Eiffel Tower, Rodin Museum, Musee D'Orsay, Sainte Chappelle and Sacre Coeur. Arc de Triomphe.....then stroll up Champs Elysee all the way to L'Orangerie. The first time I went to Paris, a native Parisian told me re:: Louvre...."Just go in, Check out Venus de Milo and the Mona Lisa and leave!" He was right! Best advice I got, unless you are an art major. Musee D'Orsay is much more doable and pleasant. Take time to sit in the Luxembourg Gardens, and the Parc Monceau. People watch, stroll! Sit in any cafe on Blvd St. Germaine and order a coffee or a glass or wine and people watch. No limit on how long you can sit. Check out Pere LaChaise and all the famous graves. Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison, Moliere, etc. Take a boat ride on the Seine from the small spot called Vert Galant under one of the bridges. Go into Galleries Lafeyette Hausmann Dept Store near Champs Elysee and check out the merchandise and the people. The Opera House..Palais Garnier is absolutely a must-see, but check out the hours and days. If there is an afternoon rehearsal for an opera, you will not be able to access the inside where performances are held, but can only walk the hallways. Not the same, but hard to predict when it will be closed. You will really experience Paris...unlike the Sewer Tour! BON VOYAGE! I guarantee you will return. That is what that Parisian told me and he was right. I went back three more times.