Day 3,4,5: Dijon
Day 6: Train from Dijon to Luasanne, Switzerland
Day 7,8: Luasanne
Day 9: Train from Luasanne to Interlaken or Lucerne
Day 10,11: Interlaken or Lucerne
Day 12: Train from Interlaken or Lucerne to Paris via Basel
Day 13,14: Paris
Day 15: Flight home
Looking for opinions on durations in each place. Already been to Paris, so not sightseeing there, just relaxing.

Posted by
7175 posts

If I had 13 nights ...

Dijon - 3 nights
Lausanne - 2 nights
Lauterbrunnen - 3 nights
Luzern - 2 nights
Paris - 3 nights

Posted by
11294 posts

Look into getting a flight into Paris and out of Zurich (or even better, vice versa). This will save a lot of time backtracking, and may not cost any more (could even be cheaper). To find these flights, use the "multi city" or "multiple destinations" option rather than "one way" or "round trip."

I say "vice versa is better" because going from Zurich airport to Luzern is very easy; it takes 70 minutes and there are direct trains from the airport station (no changes needed). Plus, you don't need to buy an advance purchase ticket to get a good price (the price is fixed, and if you're in Switzerland you'll be wanting to get a Half Fare Card or Swiss Pass, which will then be good on this segment). Getting from CDG to Dijon is potentially very expensive without an advance purchase ticket, and that then locks you into a specific train (risky if you're delayed, for any reason - and how long it will take you to get to the station on arrival day cannot be predicted).