Please sign in to post.

Is Eurail available for seniors and need Train info Malaga to Cordoba in 2024

HI from LIN I need to stay overnight in Malaga Feb 8 to 9 with my friend.
We are in the USA . Is Eurail pass with no pre reservation still available as it was when
I was a grad student?

Otherwise let me know how long it would take and what the best Train companies are and
how to get the Tarjeta Dorada so we can go to Cordoba Spain by Train.

Posted by
5222 posts

You may want to read this helpful website for all your train travel questions: Seat61.com

You can book your train tickets for your route; Málaga to Córdoba on Renfe.com
[May need to pay with PayPal]

You can buy your Tarjeta Dorada when you arrive to Spain. However, you can get discounted train tickets when booked in advance (up to 120 days) for best prices.

Will you be skipping Granada?

Posted by
5837 posts

You might get more answers if you repost this in the Spain forum, rather than the France forum as now

Posted by
8398 posts

You lost me in this post. I am still trying to figure out what LIN is. It sounds as if you are looking for just one round trip train ticket between Malaga and Cordoba in February. I absolutely doubt that a Eurail pass would provide any value for you if that is the circumstance. Renfe website listed above is your best choice. I have never had any issues with it. That said, some people on this forum prefer to use Trainline because they find Renfe challenging.

Posted by
8067 posts

Eurail passes have been obsolete for decades. You have to have reservations on long haul trains and there are limited numbers for pass holders. If you buy them early enough, they may be less expensive than the costs of making reservations. (those reservations with the pass are not 'free' -- you pay on top of the pass cost)

There is little chance the pass would be useful.