Please sign in to post.

In Paris now!

Just an update, arrived Sept 12. CDC cards easily accepted at all cafes and an art show we attended. My fiancé got his about pass via email on the 13th with some birthdays that had been transposed incorrectly on his application. He edited it and it was immediately approved. We went back to the website and edited mine with a note saying we were in Paris and within 2 mins my password was approved. We easily got an antigen test for an art residency (an extra layer for us) on the street from tents/stations they have set up all over the city. Very easy. 30€ . The city feels safe and thriving. We feel good knowing that when we eat out or are in museums people are vaccinated as well even with masks. Very good trip so far!

Posted by
21 posts

Wow! That’s great to hear! We applied on September 3. The only thing that changes is the amount of days it will take to receive the QR code! Now it’s up to 15. 9 when we started. We were thinking of canceling if we didn’t have them by the time we leave—the 22nd. But if we can get our cdc cards turned into a QR code at a pharmacy, I think we will come. I don’t want to do the 72 hour pass every three days. Has anyone had success doing that?

Posted by
6868 posts

Pharmarcies no longer turn CDC cards into QR codes. There is an official process to do so, but waiting times for clearance have been very unpredictable apparently.
Most travellers like the OP report success in using their CDC card in areas often visited by foreign tourists, so that's what I would do - I would not cancel the trip because of this administrative situation.

Posted by
15 posts

Correct! pharmacies cannot process them anymore since everything went online. Try editing your application closer to your date with your arrival date in the notes but don’t fret in the meantime! CDC cards do work.

Posted by
66 posts

Also in Paris now, and have not received Pass Sanitaire (yet). On the flight over, our flight attendant told us which pharmacy had "converted" her CDC card to a Pass Sanitaire. So I went there, and had a long discussion with the pharmacist. He said he used to do these conversions, because pharmacies had access to a site that made them possible, but then the government shut it down to stop them from doing it. So now (according to him) the only way is via the not-very-responsive web site. He was sympathetic but said I don't have any options.

Posted by
9420 posts

Thank you monica! I’ll be there soon. Really appreciate you taking the time to post.