Please sign in to post.

How do I catch bus #100 to Monoco

I am staying at a gite in Nice. Bus #64, stop Escalier/St.Pierre is right outside my front door. Can someone help me with the route to catch bus #100 to Monaco on Monday, September 25.

Posted by
5687 posts

I just walked to the port and picked up bus #100 when I was in Nice in May. Frustratingly, Google Maps had no record of bus #100. But once I got to the port, I was able to find the stop easily. Actually, I saw a #100 bus waiting before I saw the stop.

Posted by
32809 posts

Or get on the bus and get off at the SNCF Nice Ville station (the 64 goes there) and take the cheap frequent and fast train with fabulous views.

Posted by
27156 posts

There is construction work in Nice that has caused relocation of some bus stops. I'm not saying that the information already provided is incorrect, but it would be prudent to verify onsite (I'd hope the tourist office would know). If that's not possible, do allow some extra time to find the stop; be sure you get on the bus going in the right direction.

I agree that the train will be easier and I'd guess quite a bit faster (though I haven't checked the schedule). Be aware that there were times in May when there were significant lines at all the ticket machines in the main lobby at the Nice Ville Station. There may be one or two machines located down side corridors or elsewhere in the building, but I'm not sure. I found I could not count on buying a ticket fast at those lobby machines.

Posted by
1625 posts

We were going to take Bus 100 from Nice to Monaco and when we asked the Hotel clerk about the bus stop she gave us the sourest face and said "No Bus...Take the train". We were on our way to the Formula One race so we were on a time crunch to be there on time. BUT next time we will be taking Bus 100 for the scenic views and just figure the time as part of our day.

Here is the official website easy to figure out. I was able to print the bus schedule before we left and Google map the actual bus stop we were planning on jumping on at so I would know what it would look like as there can be some confusion:

https://www.lignesdazur.com/