Please sign in to post.

Hotels near Gare du Nord

Any suggestions for a pleasant mid-range hotel within 20 minutes walking distance (or so) from the Gare du Nord? Trip will be in late September. Looking for something around 300 euros or a little more per night. It's been a long time since I've been in that part of Paris! My other option is for something on or near a Metro line that goes to the Gare du Nord. We plan to take the train to Brussels (or maybe Luxembourg) from there, so convenience is a factor.

Posted by
9679 posts

There's a hip new "25 Hours" hotel right across the street from Gare du Nord -- see if it fits your budget. It's only been open 3 or 4 years (maybe less ??).

Posted by
9679 posts

Although if this is for a few days rather than just coming in and staying a night just before departure, or just upon arrival, I would find another neighborhood... I don't think I would love staying in that neighborhood for several days as a visitor (although one of my best friends lives just a few blocks from there). There are more charming corners of Paris

Posted by
222 posts

Per Kim’s suggestion, I’d look along Metro Line 4. In particular, look at hotels near the Odeon stop. Perhaps The Odeon Hotel, which should be within budget, would work.

https://odeonhotel.fr/en/

Posted by
5 posts

IndyHiker, that's my Plan B! We stayed at a lovely little hotel (Hotel la Perle) near the St-Sulpice stop on line 4 last year, and we wouldn't mind going back again. But I also want to explore neighborhoods we haven't spent much time in, too!

Posted by
222 posts

Same concept, but different line. What about taking Line 5 to the 11th? I’m not familiar with hotels there, but I love to dine in the 11th. I think it would be an interesting area to explore.

Posted by
3726 posts

Line 5 to the 11th would be wonderful and if that is the plan, allow me to suggest Le Petit Beaumarchais Hotel & Spa near Bastille Metro station and if you want an even more interesting spot, take a look at Hotel Fabric. You may find this link interesting: https://www.cybevasion.fr/hotels-paris-metro-lpmetro.html. It allows you to search for hotels based on the metro line that you wish to use. And, of course, you could always use Line 2 as you transit of choice and have access to some cool areas of the 9th, 10th, or Montmartre.

Posted by
3726 posts

It's not super important because it is a short walk from Gare du Nord but I think that trains to Luxembourg leave from Gare de l'Est.

Posted by
5 posts

I like the idea of the 11th! We explored it some when we stayed in the Marais a few years ago. I'll look into those suggestions!

Posted by
122 posts

If you do stay in the 11th, you’ll be spoiled for choice of terrific restaurants to try. You’ll wish you were staying for a month. It’s where I choose to stay when I visit Paris and we never have enough time to try all the restaurants we want to.

Posted by
222 posts

@JHK, thank you so much for sharing the link for cybevasion.fr. I’ve long wondered if such a resource existed and now I know!