Please sign in to post.

Hotels near Charles De Gaulle Airport

I am flying into Charles De Gaulle in May.

I want to get a half day tour of Giverny from a hotel close to the airport. Can you recommend a hotel in a moderate price range near the airport?
I then need to join a tour in Caen. Is it possible to get a train in or near Charles De Gaulle to Caen?

Posted by
3161 posts

Two moderately priced hotels are Ibis Styles CDG and Holiday Inn Express. I don’t believe there are any trains from CDG to Caen. You’ll have to take the RER and Metro toSaint Lazare station in Paris. Another option would be to take a bus directly from CDG.

Posted by
4394 posts

Frequently asked question, there is a clump of hotels at the airport, including a Hilton. There is one INSIDE the airport, a Sheraton.

Posted by
1371 posts

The Hôtel Première Classe Roissy Charles De Gaulle was clean, inexpensive and somewhat institutional when we stayed there for 1 night back in 2014. It's convenient to the airport and we had a car so it worked well for us on the last night of our trip. We had driven in from Amboise.

Posted by
6291 posts

A couple of years ago, (2019) we spent our last night at Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2, a double room for €120. The room was fine - very simple, very clean; breakfast was included, but not very good. We had planned to walk to Roissy that evening, but we were on foot, and found the traffic daunting. Scary, actually.

There were a couple of restaurants nearby, though, and we managed to get a good dinner and a half bottle of wine to take back to the room. The free shuttle bus took us to the airport the next morning.

Posted by
27109 posts

I'm not familiar with F1 hotels, but of all the others mentioned, I think the Premiere Classe will usually be the least expensive. I've only stayed in one (in Bayeux, as a matter of fact), but the room was functional--though rather cheap-looking. There were a couple of negatives at that particular Premiere Classe back in 2017: I don't think there was Wi-Fi in the rooms, and I remember being disappointed in the dinner I had, which was probably at the neighboring Campanile. That's a member of the same corporate family, but I think it's a bit nicer.

I stay in a lot of hotels whose furniture looks designed for college dorms, so I'd be perfectly OK with staying in Premier Classe hotel again, but I'd plan to get my meals elsewhere (and not at a Campanile), and I'd check on the current Wi-Fi situation if it was important to me.