Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Nice

An suggestions for hotels in Nice under $175?

Posted by
7039 posts

I stayed at Hotel Solara on the pedestrian only street 5 min from Place Masena and public transportation (tram, bus) and 5 min walk from Promenade des Anglais. Basic hotel, clean, nice staff terrific location. Would definitely stay there again. Rates are well under your max $.

Posted by
64 posts

Was in Nice this past February and stayed at the Villa Victor Hugo - close to 'downtown' and the new tram when it's finished. Very nice - comfortable bed, nice bathroom and quiet.

According to Google Maps, a 7 minute walk from la gare.

Posted by
5687 posts

I stayed near the train station in Nice in May, at the Hotel Du Midi which was OK - wouldn't call it great, would stay again but wouldn't mind staying somewhere else. Looks like I paid about 80 Euros/night for one person, in a small room with a double bed.

Near the train station was a convenient place to stay if you want to do day trips by train (e.g. Cannes) and there are places to eat nearby - but the area closer to the beach and the old town is much more interesting and pleasant (but touristy). There is a tram going from near the train station right into the old town area near the beach, however.

Posted by
685 posts

I don't really recommend staying too close to the train station, despite the proximity for day trips (close to Avenue Jean Medecin). A short walk or tram ride will bring you from a better area with a better access to more.

If you are going in the off season, you can find excellent deals in the more prime areas. If in May through September, then higher rates apply. The prime areas includes the few blocks around Place Massena and the Carre d'Or (Golden Square). This is the area bounded by Boulevard Victor Hugo, Gambetta, Jean-Medicin and the Promenade.

There is also the Old Town, but some people do not like the potential for noise and tourist traffic. To the side is the Hotel Suisse, and the La Perouse (with great views), and the Beau Rivage in the Old Town. Along the Promenade, you might be able to find a good rate at Le Meridien. The rooms are a bit on the small side and the lobby nondescript, but the views from the upgraded balcony rooms and the roof top bar are excellent. Hotel Windsor is a choice more buried in the heart of the Carre d'Or.