Please sign in to post.

Hotels for 3 adults in Paris

We are looking for hotel recommendations in the Saint Germain des Pres area. We are looking at triple rooms and AC is a must since we will be there in the middle of summer. We would like to stay in the $250 to $300/night range. Based on our research, our top 3 choices so far are: HOTEL LE M SAINT GERMAIN, HOTEL HENRI IV, and HOTEL RÉSIDENCE DES ARTS.

Any feedback on these 3 hotels would be appreciated and other recommendations in the area in that price range. We will be traveling with our 16 yo and a little more room would be nice (we know the rooms will be "COZY").

Also, we had a recommendation for Hotel Raspail Montparnasse. We thought that may be a little too far away (a lot more walking). Is this area too far away from walking to the attractions?

Thank you for your input!

Posted by
7981 posts

We have stayed at Henri IV Rive Gauche but it is not in St. Germain. We do like it a lot and they do have a triple. It is a well located boutique hotel not far from the St. Michel RER stop and just across the river from Notre Dame. It is the place we stay when we will be in Paris for a day or two in transit.

Posted by
3656 posts

Can you give a little bit more information about Hotel Henri IV? I know of three places in Paris with Henri IV in their names and I want to be sure to comment on the correct one. There is Hotel Residence Henri IV, Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche and Hotel Henri IV? If you mean the third one, I would eliminate it. The location cannot be beaten but the place is about 20 years late for a renovation. If you mean Hotel Residence Henri IV, I highly recommend it. As part of a group of six, we were there in 2015 in an apartment and a standard room and it was excellent. If you are going in the summer and will need or want AC, you should check with the Hotel Henri IV to see if it as AC --the other two Henri IV hotels do. None of the three hotels that you name is in Saint Germain but the closest is Hotel Residence Des Arts so go with that one if the location is critical.

Posted by
6430 posts

I don't know any of these hotels but it looks like the Raspail Montparnasse has a perfectly good location, very close to Vavin and other Metro stations connecting you anywhere. Also easy walks to the Luxembourg Gardens, Montparnasse Cemetery, Rue Daguerre street market, and other attractions. Nearby is Denfert-Rochereau with the RER line for the airport. The other way is Gare Montparnasse with trains to Chartres and other day trips.

Posted by
7 posts

Check out the Hotel des 2 Continents on Rue Jacob in the 6th. They have a standard suite with 2 doubles. We stayed there a few years ago and it was fine and in a great location.