Please sign in to post.

Hotels and guide recommendations for Bologna, Munich, Paris and Normandy 2023

Hi. My wife and I are doing a RS Sicily tour in late April 2023 then a few days in Sorrento
(hotel recommendations in Sorrento?) then onto Bologna for 2 days ? Then Munich for 2 days? then Paris and Normandy for 5 days. Any recommendations for hotels in Bologna and Munich. Then we would appreciate any hotels and private guides for Paris and Normandy. Thanks Fred

Posted by
2320 posts

We very much enjoyed our stay at Hotel Metropol in Munich in 2018.

https://www.hotelmetropol.de/en/

The location is a block from the train station on a quiet side street. Rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel breakfast was the best I’ve had anywhere. Getting to Marienplatz was super easy, just one or two stops on the metro, or a short walk. Lots of stores and restaurants in the area.

In Normandy, we stayed in Bayeaux. We stayed in an apartment, so I can’t recommend a specific hotel. But the town is really charming. I recommend it as a base.

In Paris, we stayed at Hotel Residences des Arts. Perfect location. Large rooms (especially the jr. Suites).

Posted by
11156 posts

In Bologna, Art Hotel Novocento is centrally located in the historic district, and offers a nice breakfast. We would return there. There is a parking garage adjacent.

Posted by
3847 posts

In Munich, I really liked the Motel One at Sendlinger Tor. Great hotel. Great location. Motel One is a German hotel chain that provides simple rooms with a little design flare. The ground-floor common area is great and offers a good breakfast (for an additional fee). Sign up for the Be One program and get (1) one free breakfast one time and (2) a "free" fairly large bottle of water with each stay. I've stayed with them in Berlin, Munich, Leipzig, Bremen, Stuttgart, and even London. Consistently great stays.

In Normandy, I stayed at La Colline and liked it quite a bit. http://bayeux-la-colline.fr/?lang=en

Posted by
1166 posts

In the Normandy area, we stayed right outside of Bayeux at Chateau Damigny. The host was wonderful and we had a huge breakfast of eggs and seven types of homemade jam. We loved our experience there and were only a few minutes drive from all of the Normandy sites.

In Sorrento, we love Hotel Minerva. The views are resplendent and the balcony is massive. The breakfast was a delight and we walked into town every evening.

In Paris, we love the St. Germaine area, especially Grand Hotel de L'Univers off of Rue de Baci. It is convenient to restaurants, grocery stores, cafes, and walking distance to almost everything. The subway is around the corner. We loved the vibe of this area out of all of our 6 visits in the past.

Posted by
808 posts

Highly recommend Sylvain Kast as a guide in Normandy. Extremely knowledgeable, personable and excellent communication with him before the tour. https://www.d-day-experience-tours.com/about-me/ One of the finest guides we have ever had on our travels.

We have stayed at Hotel de Londres Eiffel twice. The first stay was terrific. Our second stay left much to be desired.

Posted by
35 posts

Thank You for each response. We sincerely appreciate each post. Fred

Posted by
479 posts

In Bologna: Be sure to take the city tour offered by Tourist Info (Bologna Welcome). You will also find great info regarding Bologna and the surrounding area on that same website.

Posted by
37 posts

If you are staying in Bayeaux, I recommend the Tardiff Noble House. It is a block from the Cathedral and is a delightful inn. In Paris, if you are looking at the St. Germaine area, we enjoyed the Madison Hotel.