Please sign in to post.

Hotel Stay in Paris

Hi, I have to book hotels in Paris in June. Please help to find hotel which is near to center and convenient for us. I will travel with my wife and 2 kis (7 and 9yr). I have budget $100-$300. If I will save some money then can do some extra. Please help to find cheapest and very convenient with transport etc. Coffee Shops/Bakery should also available in walking distance so that I can go by walk and if some crody area then it will be very nice for us. Sorry I mentioned too many things. Hope you guys can help.

Posted by
9420 posts

My answer from your same question in Switzerland section...
My recommendations are:
Hotel Diana in the 5th (Latin Quarter)
Hotel Marignan in the 5th (on rue du Sommerard)
And Hotel Jeanne d'Arc in the 4th (Marais), which Gerard mentioned.

Also, you can go to Booking.com or TripAdvisor.com and find what you need.

Posted by
1307 posts

I also love the Hotel Diana. It is in the Latin Quarter and convenient to everything. I don't know if they have rooms for 4, but you could ask, and if not, ask for recommendations from them.
But you could also look at apartments for rent in Paris. It would allow you to have some meals at home and spread out a little. Paris hotel rooms are small.
Homeaway and Perfectly Paris are good sources. It's good to go through an agency because you have some protections against fraud.
Cafes and bakeries are everywhere in Paris as are metro stations and bus lines.
$200-300 per day is a more reasonable budget for lodging, although you might find a one bedroom with a sofa bed in the living room for less. And you can use google maps and street view to check out the neighborhood.
Good luck with your search!

Posted by
28 posts

Hi, Please help to choose hotel in Paris in good location with near to Metro, shops and feel good if walking outside.
I have checked the rates of Hotel Diana in the 5th (Latin Quarter) and And Hotel Jeanne d'Arc and per night rates are more than $300. What is 5th arr and 6th arr.Which ..arr is good to stay in paris. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
703 posts

I would suggest going to booking.com and doing a search for your time frame. You should be able to find something in the $200-$300 price range. The ardissonments (not sure if I spelled that correctly) are the different areas of Paris. We have stayed in the 6th (Saint Germain des Pres) and the 3rd (the Marias). Both were very convenient. The lower the numbers, the closer to the city center. Booking should let you put in the ardissonments in your search. I would search from 1 through 8 because they are closer to the sites you will be wanting to see. I also use Google Earth to get a look at the neighborhood before making a decision. Good luck in your search!

Posted by
3689 posts

The arrondissements are the districts of Paris. You should probably familiarize yourself with them before booking a hotel. Here is a short very general discussion of each one: http://www.aviewoncities.com/paris/arrondissements.htm You do mean USD, right? If you budget is up to US$300 per night, you should be able to find a quad room which is what you will need for your family. The Hotel Diana does not have quad rooms but the Jeanne d'Arc has a family room that is around 400€ per night in the summer so I see why neither works for you. Hotel Marignan on Rue Sommerard in the 5th arrondissement has a quad with a private shower and toilet for 185€ per night during peak season. I don't recall them having AC which is something that you might want in June. You can get a family room at the Hotel Excelsior Latin on Rue Cujas for about 260€ per night in June and you'll have AC and what I think is a much nicer hotel. Good luck.

Posted by
337 posts

Hi
There are lots of areas and to be honest, wanting the Centre of any city
comes at a premium, so you may need to consider how much you really want to spend.
I sent a few nights at new year looking at hotels in the centre recommended by Ricks Paris book.
I ended up selecting Hôtel Jeanne d'Arc Le Marais

website is http://hoteljeannedarc.com, online booking was very easy

You may consider pre paying and get under your budget
I just looked and average per night in June is around $250us for 2 adults and 2 children Breakfast included
Non Refundable

regards

Posted by
412 posts

I agree with JHK's recommendation of Hotel Excelsior Latin in the 5th. Our family of five stayed there and really appreciated the AC in June 2015. I think the price would meet your $200-$300 a night range. We got a better price booking direct with them than through Booking.com. It was a great location to all sorts of good sights and food options.

Hope this helps!
Laurie

Posted by
7209 posts

The Hotel Latin Excelsior has quads as well as family "apartments" with 2 bedrooms. It is a nice hotel (stayed there 4 or 5 times) with a good location on a quiet little side street. They bake their own croissants and other pastries for breakfast - they're out of this world!

Posted by
3689 posts

I just went to Hotel Jeanne d'Arc's website and see that they charge quite a premium for their quad room. You could get two doubles there for about 260€ in June and then put one parent and one child in each room and have two bathrooms (hooray). I doubt that you will want to put the children in their own room because of their ages and I am relatively sure, though not completely sure, that the Jeanne d'Arc does not have connecting rooms. You could e-mail them and ask. I like the Hotel Excelsior Latin better because I like their finishes and decor better but both are good options if they are in budget.