Please sign in to post.

Hotel Recommendations in Paris

I am looking for hotel recommendations in the Le Marais district of Paris for 5 nights in September. Would like to keep the price under $200 a night. Must have private bathrooms. This will be for two adults.

Posted by
3698 posts

I second all of the suggestions above even for the three that are not in Le Marais because $200 in September could be tough to get in Le Marais. In fact, I sincerely doubt that you will get the Hotel Brittanique within your budget in September. A couple more to consider in Les Marais are
Grand Hotel Mahler https://www.grandhotelmalher.com/
Hotel Bastille Speria: https://www.hotel-bastille-speria.com

Posted by
2545 posts

Assuming US dollars, $200 is about 170€. For September, probably the busiest hotel month of the year in Paris, that might require compromise. However, I can recommend the Relais du Marais which typically has rooms in September around 170€ to 180€.

Posted by
29 posts

Tocard,
Paris is busiest in September? Everything I read said that September was shoulder season. Would I be better off going in October?

Posted by
776 posts

Maybe it's the shoulder season for tourism. However, Paris as a business/convention destination is in full swing.

Posted by
2545 posts

September and early October are probably the busiest hotel months of the year due to many conventions, expositions, and trade shows. Anyone who suggests otherwise is simply guessing.

If you want to visit Paris in low season when hotels typically offer great deals to attract guests, try August.

Posted by
29 posts

This trip is for 2020. Should I change my travel dates? I am planning on booking my flight and hotel on February 1 of 2020...

Posted by
2545 posts

That´s almost 1 year from now. A lot can happen and hotels will rarely accept reservations that far in advance.

It´s simply a matter of cost and possible disappoint for those who wait too long to book. September is a magical time in Paris as everything starts up again after the August vacations, the opera season starts, the weather is magnificent, and all of the boutiques and restaurants reopen.

September is probably the best time to visit Paris.

Posted by
3698 posts

September is not really the shoulder season for year-round cities like Paris, New York, and London. As said above, September is one of the busiest months (maybe even the busiest in 2017, the last year for which data is available) for hotel reservations in Paris, but even so it is way too soon to make reservations for September 2020. I'd start looking in November 2019. September, early October, and May are my favorite times to visit Paris. August and February are the months when I have found the lowest rates.

Posted by
11294 posts

September is a great time to be in Paris - that's why there are so many conventions and trade shows then! As long as you've nailed down a hotel, no reason not to visit then.

Posted by
6509 posts

All the above is correct re September, but August wouldn't be a bad choice. Room rates will be lower, but you should be sure to get air conditioning because it can be very hot and street noise may require you to keep windows closed. Many Parisians will have fled the city for their annual vacations, many non-tourist places will be closed, and you'll be sharing the city with more international visitors and fewer locals. You might enjoy the temporary "beach" they set up with sand on the Seine.

Posted by
9420 posts

I’ve been in Paris in August many times, between living there and visiting, and August/July are my least favorite months. Usually extremely hot and more jam-packed with tourists than other months (+ Easter).

Posted by
2545 posts

I love to be in Paris during August. All major business is open, crowds are significantly smaller (maybe not along métro 1 but otherwise yes), traffic is minimal, and overall the city is much more livable. Anyone wanting to stay in the Marais should not be overly concerned about locals (many of whom have been forced out of the area since the Airbnb craze) and prices for accommodations will be notably lower.