Please sign in to post.

Hotel Recommendations in Paris

Hi-Working on a plan to go to Paris in Sept.
Looking for recommendations for hotels.
Not too far out, but maybe 4,5, 6 Arr..
Perhaps even 10th..
Nothing cheap but nothing outrageous.
Preferably with an elevator and restaurant.
Thank you-

Posted by
2312 posts

Most people find that they end up redefining “cheap” in Paris.

We were very happy with the Hotel Residence des Artes. Perfect location near Notre Dame. Easy access to metro and RER. Oldest part of Paris so lots of charming street nearby with tons of shops and restaurants. Tiny but workable elevator. Restaurant downstairs and several nearby. The Jr. Suite is huge for a room in the US, and palatial for Paris. Mini fridge, microwave, two burner cooktop, bathroom with tub AND separate shower. Such a luxury! Rooms with character. This was our 3rd trip to Paris and we’d stay there again in a heartbeat.

Posted by
6502 posts

There's a lot of distance between "cheap" and "outrageous." Booking.com lets you filter for location, price range, elevators, restaurants, and many other variables. Its reviews are all by people who have actually stayed where they're writing about. You could use it to identify some candidates, then look at their websites and use Google Earth "street view" to eyeball the buildings and neighborhoods. You could ask here about particular hotels, or offer a price range so people have an idea where you fall on the cheap-to-outrageous scale. Best to book directly with the hotel you choose rather than on booking.com. I'd look for a place near a Metro station, preferably one that serves two or more lines.

Posted by
2545 posts

For anyone to be able to make any meaningful recommendations, you must state Nothing cheap but nothing outrageous, in euros and the number of people.

Hotels have elevators, with rare exception. There are so many restaurants in Paris, I would not necessarily make it a hotel qualifier.

Posted by
100 posts

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Somewhere around 100-200 Euros a night.

Posted by
2545 posts

There are a number of hotels along rue Jacob in the 6th and around rue des Ecoles in the 5th that might fit your overall requirements. You can narrow an internet search within those parameters. If it is for 2 people, my guess is that most of these hotels will be booking nearer to 200€ or more for September.

If you are price sensitive, check the Hotel Marignan in the 5th which is family owned, very basic, but perfectly acceptable.

September is the busiest hotel month of the year, book early and book preferably through the hotel's own website.

Posted by
2312 posts

Thanks for the update on the budget. The double rooms at the Residence des Artes fit your budget at 179/nt. My teens stayed in one of these rooms. (There are only 2 rooms on each floor: a jr suite and a double room). They are still a great value. At 17 sq meters, they are larger than most Paris hotel rooms. They have a mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom is pretty standard with plenty of vanity space and a shower (no tub).

If your preference for a hotel with restaurant is for breakfast in the morning, I wouldn’t use that as a requirement. Cafes are everywhere, and you’ll find better (and cheaper) meals there. Or stop at a bakery for a coffee and croissant for 4€. Or a crepe stand.

Posted by
8050 posts

Note that September is the most expensive and most difficult month in Paris to locate hotels -- so definitely get this nailed down asap.

Posted by
1369 posts

I have stayed at Hotel Europe Saint-Severin, walking distance from Saint-Michel Notre-Dame Metro/RER Station. They have an elevator & are attached to an Italian Restaurant. I stayed there for my first time in Paris in 2014, now I rent apartments. The hotel met my needs and I had a balcony to people watch in the evening before heading out or returning. I enjoyed the restaurants spicey sausage pizza, reminded me of what I had in Rome a week prior to arriving in Paris.

Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
4140 posts

Janet's comments are spot on , many hotels are already booked . so moving fast is of essence . I have stayed here a number of times , and was very happy there . A few rooms available here in September - https://hotelempereurparis.com/

Posted by
1419 posts

The Hotel de la Bretonnerie in the Marais is awesome. Elevator and breakfast are included!

Posted by
22 posts

I second the Hotel Bretonnerie. The location in the Marais is the best. So much is within walking distance. And you’re right around the corner from Rue des Rossiers, which features the best falafel on the planet. Make sure to stop in at the nearby crepe stand, La Droguerie. This afternoon ritual added 5 pounds to my Paris visit in 2019. And I’ll be back for more in April!

Posted by
2 posts

Just wanted to chime un to say that this thread was helpful for me. In June I am going to Paris for a week before taking a train to join a RS Best of South England Tour. I just booked [Hotel de L'Empereur][1] which looks nice. This forum is a wonderful resource. Thank you.

Posted by
5 posts

Stayed 2 weeks at Hotel Beaubourg, 11 rue Simon Lefranc in the 4th. Nice hotel, with an elevator. Breakfast was extra, we didn't have it there because we are vegan. Hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. It is listed in the latest RS Paris book. Rick suggested getting the larger room and we did. It was worth it. Hotel Beaubourg

The best thing about this hotel was the location! The Pompidou was right down the street. (Lots of restaurants in this area and markets to buy water and other needs.) A short walk to Hotel de Ville, Notre Dame and the river. Great connections for the Metro and bus also.

Posted by
1161 posts

Our favorite is the Relais Bosquet in the 7th. The Rue Cler market is a block away and bus #69 covers that area. We used the bus to go everywhere. The hotel is lovely, clean, great breakfast, and very nice staff. There are lots of restaurants for last-minute or late night dinner all within a couple of minute's walk. The hotel has some rooms with Eiffel Tower views, and an easy 7-8 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower as is Les Invalides. The Seine is less than a 10-minute walk. There is also a laundry facility just down the street in case anyone needs one. There are also several groceries all within a 2 3 minute walk from the hotel. It's quiet at night, and the rooms are of good size. Recently remodeled with several meal plan options that are awesome. https://hotel-paris-bosquet.com/ Easy walk to all the upscale shops and restaurants in the 8th (George V area). We love this place for its location, convenience, staff, and charm.

Posted by
1625 posts

We stayed at Hotel Fontaines du Luxembourg (in the 6th) , under $200 a night with breakfast. Clean, quiet, close to transport and restaurants.

Posted by
32 posts

Hotel WELCOME on Rue de Seine & Blvd. Ste. Germain. You cannot get more central that that. No frills; comfortable, clean, small rooms. Friendly, helpful front desk. Walkable to everywhere. Near the Odeon Metro which connects to many other lines.
We were 30 yrs ago and it was just fine for us. Still would be, as we spent hardly anytime in the room. Warning...the room was so small, that when I got out of bed to dress, my husband had to get on the bed to allow me room to stand up and dress. We were in our 30's, and did not mind a bit. Now we are 75 and would do it all over again.

Posted by
32 posts

Addendum: Hotel Welcome has an elevator. It was so small, myself and my suitcase went up and sent it down to get my husband. Elevator was small and could not fit two of us PLUS our large suitcase. It s in the 6th arrondissement. Next door to a lovely cafe. I believe it was the Mandarin Cafe. My French friend told us to go to the same cafe every day for a drink or lunch, and sure enough, after 7 days, they knew us as "familiar faces". When I told the waiter in my elementary French that that evening was our last one in Paris and that we were leaving the next day, he hurried off and brought us back a book as a souvenir. Had we not gone where every day for a drink...next to our hotel...we would not have gotten that reception.